2 to 2-1/2 pounds bone-in country style pork ribs or 1 pound boneless pork shoulder cut into cubes
6 cups chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
1-1/2 T red curry paste
3/4 cup coconut milk (shake well before measuring)
1/2 tsp kaffir lime powder (optional)
1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 ounces green beans, sliced into 2-inch pieces
Cilantro and lime, to garnish
1. Heat the Instant Pot to sauté and add the oil. When it gets hot, add the pork and brown well, working in batches.
2. Add all the pork back into the pot and add the chicken broth. Cook on manual for 25 minutes at high pressure. Let the pressure come down naturally for 15 minutes, and then release remaining pressure.
3. Remove the pork to a plate at let cool slightly. Then remove the meat from the bones and shred.
4. Meanwhile, measure out 2-1/2 cups of the cooking liquid and set aside.
5. In a separate pot, brown the onions in a little oil over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes. Season with a little salt. Add the curry paste and stir to combine.
6. Add the coconut milk, kaffir lime powder, and reserved chicken broth from cooking the pork. Bring to a boil, and add the sweet potatoes. Cover. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Add the reserved pork to the pot along with the green beans. Cover and cook 2 minutes, until everything is tender and hot. Taste and adjust seasoning.