Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pisco Punch

Since moving away from the Bay Area, I definitely miss my pisco-based cocktails.  Every fancy cocktail spot there seems to have at least one variation, and they were some of my favorites.  Luckily, I've learned how to make a couple of these cocktails at home, which is a lot of fun!  My previous forays into cocktail-making have involved simple stir-and-serve drinks like gin-and-tonics or white Russians...tasty, but not particularly fancy.  This drink involves a fancy pants pineapple syrup and gets shaken up in a cocktail shaker until it's foamy on top, so it definitely makes me feel like I'm upping my game!  Plus, it's super delicious, and not too sweet (despite what the name might have you believe).  Best of all, it takes me back to San Francisco in a glass.


Pisco Punch (adapted from Serious Eats, original recipe here)
Makes 1 drink (smallish, but pretty strong)

1/4 cup pisco
1-1/2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice

Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.  Shake well, and strain into a cocktail glass. Add a cube or two of ice, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment